Saturday, May 20, 2006

Workshop-route!
















Dad and I walking along the art fortress…..



Today and tomorrow there is a workshop route here in our neighborhood. This year 30 artists show their work in their studios. Then you can just walk in and talk to the artists and see all that they are making.

Today we have visited a couple of sculptor’s studios. The nicest, however, was a very large studio of the sculptor Esther Velzeboer at Cruquius (a very small village a few miles from our home). We have been talking to her quite some time because she also teaches children how to make a sculpture. If I want it’s possible for me to follow some sculpture lessons at that studio on Saturday between 11.00 AM and 3.30 PM for about 2 hours. Then I have to bring my own piece of stone along, which I can buy at Keramikos (Keramikos Eng.), ooooh I think that’s so cool man! I really want this for such a long time just making my own piece of art….....

After that we went to Vijfhuizen (another small village a few miles from our home) to the Kunstfort (art Fortress). There were a couple of artists. There also was a woman who made very big sculptures of textile and of plastics. It was a pity that it was rather late already, most of the studios were already closed….......
The fortress itself is quite beautiful man! There was even a very beautiful restaurant in and a hotel!


Entrance of the fortress...........................Fortress and it's canal...


The restaurant ..................................Terrace at the fortress

Tomorrow we maybe go to see some other sculptors...... so great man to see all of those sculptures, I am crazy about them. In a couple of weeks we will go on our holidays to France to do a workshop, a course “modeling-clay” in a French estate …. that's so exciting!

Go upstairs.... bye… see you tomorrow!

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home