Wednesday, January 18, 2006

History paper!











1584- 1625 period in which Maurits was stadtholder

This afternoon I was busy for several hours studying my history paper.
I had to learn the dates of important periods, people or events. That wasn’t easy… It is very very difficult to remember all those seniors from 15 something till 16 something and what they have done, that’s so hard to get that into my head, it looked almost impossible….


















1619 dead of Oldenbarnevelt

Johan van Oldenbarnevelt said: This what’s important, men has to live exactly such as is written in the bible! Oldenbarnevelt belonged to the "rekkelijken".














1555 Karel V resigned and his zoon Phillips II succeed him.














1600 Battle at Newport. That is the easiest of them all.













1517 Luther nails 95 propositions on the church door.

1625 - 1647 period in which Frederik Hendrik was the stadtholder
1637 translation of the bible
1648 peace of Munster

And a lot more dates …... I did not get it into my head, it went wrong every time Mom tested me... Then we did a bet. I was very sure when I would read and read the dates all over again and again for about half an hour I could remember all of them. Mom wasn’t so sure about that. Then I said that I would get €2,= if I all did them well, Mom agreed only if she got €2,= if I got it wrong. I agreed! So we did the bet…And..yes I got them all right and won €2,= well done eehh?

I go upstairs … bye… see you tomorrow!

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home