Thursday, January 26, 2006

Great day at school!





















Made on the creative-afternoon... the little Dad man..

Today we have done many nice things. This morning at 10 the teacher said that today we were going to make Dutch cheese. Everyone had to do something. At first Mark and I had to warm the 7 1/2 liters (2 gallons) of milk in a big pan up to 29 1/2 degrees (84,2 F). Then the milk was poured in a barrel and buttermilk and rennet was added. After that the milk had to rest for half an hour.

That was all before the afternoon lunch break. Only I had to be back at school 15 minutes earlier this afternoon because I had to get the milk out of the barrel at exact 12.45 hours.

The mass which remained was done by the others in small buckets and then it was put under a press.

Our teacher will be very busy tonight with all the cheeses, they must be reversed many times tonight. Tomorrow the little cheeses must still have a brine dip and then they have to ripe, which lasts 12 days. After that we’ll get it home, everyone gets 1/3 of the little cheese to take home. My cheese is with spices, ooohhhh… it’s so exciting I hope it will be tasty!

This afternoon we had our creative afternoon and I was in the group who made the little wood man. I made a very large man, everyone made a small one like the teacher said we had to do, I like everything big! It became a very nice man, I call it the little Dad man!

Now I’ll put Timmie in the barn because it will be very cold this night -7 degrees (20 F) that’s quite cold for him.... Bye …. See you tomorrow!

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home