Saturday, November 19, 2005

St. Nicholas came to our village today!













The arrival of St. Nicholas and his Black Pieter’s this morning at 11.45 AM in our village near the bridge.

This morning we went to the bowling, but they couldn’t tell yet if I have to play and at what time. First 4 other groups have to play and after that its clear if I’ll play the finals or not…..eemmmhh… I’ll just have to wait till 3 o’clock.
So we went shopping and on our way home we were just in time to see the arrival of St. Nicholas on his ship in our village. Nicholas came on his big steam ship, just see the steam coming from the pipe of the ship. There were lots and lots of Black Pieter’s in little boats behind the big steam ship. Hakim from Sesame Street was there to welcome St. Nicholas. It was so crowded, we couldn’t get near to St. Nicholas. I saw him from a distends only.














The Band from our village was there to accompany St. Nicholas to a party hall.

It’s almost 2 o’clock so we’ll go back to the bowling and just have a look if I have to play the finals ….bbbrrr… it’s so exiting …See you later!!!















Giving away the prizes!

When we arrived at a little after 2 o ‘clock there was a score list in the hall and my name was on the second place! Only one more group had to play! After that play I was third on the list so I was sure of a place in the finals!
At 3 o’clock I had to play my games… I was a little nervous… this was my first real big game…. I didn’t play a very good game, there were no records broken but it wasn’t to bad either. After I had played my games I had to wait till 6 o ‘clock to see if I had won a price…
They started to call the name of who had won the 11th place…. That wasn’t me…up till 5 and my name was called out into the microphone Men has got the 5th place! I couldn’t believe it… I am only playing for 3 months and now I won the 5th place and got €12, 50.
I played the finals only with one girl from my club, she became 7th, all the other 10 kids came from all over the region (Haarlemmerliede), from Huizen, Hoofddorp, Julianadorp, Leiderdorp en Gouda
I was so happy with my price! (I'm saving the money to buy me a PSP (portable) ever…but that is very expensive, but who knows))

So now I’ll go and play with my rabbit Timmie… bye… see you tomorrow!

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home