Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Making a book selection

Picture: All the books which I'll will sell on the school books- market next week! All old books!

This afternoon when I came from school Mom and me made a books selection because there is a books market next week in our school. Every child could bring the books which he don’t use anymore and can buy other books which the other children are selling.
I’ve quite a lot of books I’ll never read again, there just for little children. There is only one book I‘ll never sell at the book market… (het rode kippetje) The little red chicken. When I was little Mom had to read that book to me every night before getting to sleep day after day… I liked that book so much if she didn’t read that to me I wouldn’t sleep…..
I still think it is a very nice book ….

This is the story:

The little red chicken finds some corn on the field.

Who wants to help me to sow the corn” asked the little red chicken.
”I don’t
“said the cat. “I don’t” said the dog. “I don’t” said the duck.
”Then I‘ll do it on my own” said the little red chicken. And so she did.

Then it became summer and the corn begins to grow.
”Who wants to help me weed the weeds?” asked the little red chicken.
”I don’t
“said the cat. “I don’t” said the dog. “I don’t” said the duck.
”Then I‘ll do it on my own” said the little red chicken. And so she did.

The fall came and the corn had to be taken from the land.
”Who wants to help me harvest the corn?” asked the little red chicken.
”I don’t
“said the cat. “I don’t” said the dog. “I don’t” said the duck.
”Then I‘ll do it on my own” said the little red chicken. And so she did.

After she harvests the corn the little red chicken asked:
”Who wants to help me grind the corn?”
”I don’t
“said the cat. “I don’t” said the dog. “I don’t” said the duck.
”Then I‘ll do it on my own” said the little red chicken. And so she did.

On a cold winters day the little red chicken got the flour from the barn.
”Who wants to help me bake a bread of this flour?” asked the little red chicken.
”I don’t
“said the cat. “I don’t” said the dog. “I don’t” said the duck.
”Then I‘ll do it on my own” said the little red chicken. And so she did.

Soon the smell off fresh baked bread was all over.
”Who wants to help me eat the bread?” asked the little red chicken.
”Yes me
“said the cat.”Yes me” said the dog. “Yes me” said the duck.
”No you won’t” said the little red chicken. “I’ll eat it all by my self”
I’ll sow the corn, I’ll weed the weeds, I’ll harvest the corn, I’ll grind the corn and I’ll baked the bread and now I’ll eat it al by my own”
And so she did

No this book doesn’t go to the school books market, it stays in our bookcase!

After I sorted out the books with Mam I went to Mark with a big pile off books. At his place we made price cards on the computer which we can stick on it, so we know what the pice off the books is when go sell them next week. We don’t finish the complete pile off books so I’ll think we finish it tomorrow.

It’s late already I ‘ll have to go to bed… bye ..see you tomorrow!

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home